Thursday, September 6, 2007

Converting voltage, dollars and thoughts

Tomorrow is the day of our flight, and the last of the preparations are over! On Monday, over a bottle of wine (domestic), Julie and I got a lesson in survival French from a friend. Her most memorable advice: "Don't trust my pronunciations!"

We need our electricity!Yesterday over my lunch break I bought a voltage converter ... very important if we're going to operate my laptop in our villa in Provence! I also got some great advice on when and how to convert our dollars into Euros.

Now all I need to do is convert my mind. I need to stop thinking about getting work done, and focus on pleasure reading, exploring, drinking and eating. It's not as easy as one might think, sadly enough. But give me time. I have two weeks!

Stay tuned.


3 comments:

Holly A Hughes said...

Have a bonne vacance, mes amis!! I can't wait to hear the next installment. Thanks so much for tucking us into your virtual suitcases so we can stow away with you.

ilesofsmiles said...

Hope all the travel was painless "HA" and safe. We know you are enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery, in the south of France. Already missing you both. What's for Dinner?
I already know about the wine. LOL!

Xo Smiley :D

TomT said...

Can't wait for the report. Maybe you could say hi to Johnny Depp or something. Have a wonderful time you guys!